Monday, August 30, 2010

Apology & Blessing

I apologize for not posting a blog for the past month, but I was waiting to see the development of an idea that has now become a reality.

I am a Staff Writer for The Baylor Lariat, the official newspaper of Baylor University.  God completely provided me this job as He was leading me to Baylor this Spring.  My beat for the newspaper is "research and teaching" and the articles that I write each day can be found at baylor.edu/lariat.  If you search "Meghan Hendrickson" it should pull up anything that I have written.

But that's not the exciting part.  The Lariat has a blog that is up and running on wordpress and each of us got to choose our own "blog beat" so to speak.  When my editor-in-chief, Nick Dean, was telling the staff about the blog idea, the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to the unique opportunity that the Lord was placing before me.

Even though The Lariat is a newspaper, because we are at Baylor, a private Christian university, I have the freedom to write a devotional for the Baylor community.  I am incredibly privileged and excited about this blessing and responsibility that God has so generously provided.

Because of this, for now, I will simply place a link to my devotional blogs on this blog.  I am not allowed to post the blog itself on here.  My devotional blog comes out each Monday morning and has a fitting title: Monday Morning Grace.

As the semester progresses, if I find that I can balance my daily articles for the paper, weekly devotionals for the blog, classes, and all else that fills the day (including my own daily time in the Word and books that encourage and challenge me spiritually) - then I will return to this blog for personal posts.  In the meantime, I would love for you to follow the links I provide to the weekly devotionals the Lord writes on my heart each Monday.

Thank you for your patience and dedication.  Here is the link for my very first Lariat blog post titled Rush Season:

http://baylorlariat.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/monday-morning-grace-rush-season/

I did not anticipate this to be my first blog - but the Lord sure did, and so I was obedient to write the truth that He developed within me.  I pray that He uses it to speak to you today.

If you are interested in checking out the entire Baylor Lariat blog, feel free to do so at baylorlariat.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment