Monday, May 9, 2011

Breath of Life

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lately I have been journeying through the Psalter, and after reading Psalm 67 today, the Spirit compelled me to read through the book of 1 John.

Don’t you love how the Lord works all things together – every single detail – to draw us nearer to Him and His love? I am grateful I have been saved so that I might rest and live in that unending love of God in every moment.

Friends, as I read through 1 John, I could not help but be hit harder with a truth the Spirit began lay on my heart this morning before I even opened His written Word.

As I tried to ease my way into Saturday morning, I listened to a CD I got late last night from an amazing South African band, Harbourlight, we took our teenagers to go see at a youth worship event. God used several of the lyrics to speak to my soul, but the song entitled, “Jesus Breathing” was a catalyst for spiritual growth today.

Not only do we find life when we receive Christ, and not only do we live in Him, but friends, JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN US.

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that spoken on and off stage, sung in huge congregations or in my car, read in Christian living books or in the living Word of God, or prayed over me or someone else. Too many times to count. But today was the first day the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to see the truth: JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN ME.

If you have called on the name of Christ, Scripture says you are adopted into the family of God. For all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. The moment we receive the saving grace of Jesus Christ, we are also given His Holy Spirit who lives in us and reigns over us. JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN YOU. JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN ME. JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN US.

Though Christ breathed His last 2,000 years ago, as He hung on the cross of Calvary, paying the debt of our sins, He rose – and JESUS IS STILL BREATHING.

14 years ago I surrendered my dead life to find true life in Christ. When I was 7 years old I gave all of me to Jesus so He might be all of me. I belong to Jesus. I am His. And Jesus is mine. JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN ME.

No matter how dark this world may seem to get, no matter how much I feel I have gone astray – JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN ME. In all I do, my Master leads me into the light of His love, His truth, His life – Himself. The same is true for all those who have called on the name of Jesus Christ to set them free from the slavery of their sin and the evil one.

As I wake in the morning and take slow, deep breaths - JESUS IS BREATHING.

As I meditate on God’s Word, and quietly wait before Him because my hope is in Him – JESUS IS BREATHING.

As I step into the day and walk by the will of the Father, fulfilling all He has ordained for this daughter of His that day – JESUS IS BREATHING.

As I wash the day off, and reflect on what the Lord has done that day in thanksgiving – JESUS IS BREATHING.

As I fall to sleep in the evening and take slow, deep breaths – JESUS IS BREATHING.

JESUS LIVES. I AM ALIVE BECAUSE JESUS LIVES IN ME.

JESUS LIVES IN THE LIVES OF HIS CHILDREN ACROSS THE EARTH.

Have you ever thought about that? I had not until the Spirit wrote His thoughts on my soul today.

In my 21 years of living, the Lord has shown me His face each day in our time together – and our time in the world. Friends, we are surrounded by the many faces of Christ as we interact with our brothers and sisters who share the same Holy Spirit that dwells within us. JESUS IS BREATHING.

2,000 years later, JESUS IS BREATHING in the lives of His precious creation all around the world.

But can you imagine living in a place where you are not surrounded by the many faces of Christ each day? What if you lived somewhere where the only breath of Christ you felt is His breath within you? JESUS IS BREATHING.

People are suffocating in places throughout the earth without the breath of Christ.

JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN ME. JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN YOU. JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN US. JESUS LIVES IN THE LIVES OF HIS CHILDREN ACROSS THE EARTH. JESUS LIVES. I AM ALIVE BECAUSE JESUS LIVES IN ME. JESUS IS BREATHING.

May we breathe in the breath of Christ until He brings us home to Heaven,

Meghan

“No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and His love is brought to full expression in us. And God has given us His Spirit as proof that we live in Him and He in us… All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God… God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face Him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world… We love each other because He loved us first.” – 1 John 4 (just a taste of a book full of rich truth and wisdom from God)

No comments:

Post a Comment